About Steve’s Real Food
Steve’s Real Food is the pioneer in raw dog food manufacturing. We have been on the market since 1998 and have focused on perfecting the raw food diet for your pet. Steve’s Real Food’s success is based purely on providing the highest quality products. Marketing for most pet food companies is extensive and expensive, where most of our advertising comes straight from the customers mouth. We want you to see the value of Steve’s Real Food in each bag and tell your friends and family. This has worked for years and will continue to be our primary focus.
What Makes Steve’s Real Food Unique?
Steve’s Brown is the pioneer in the development of formulas for natural, 100% complete diet, raw pet food. Our formula is backed by years of research and we have a proven track record as you will see in our testimonials.
Aside from being the original Raw Dog Food, Steve’s Real Food stands out from the competition because:
- Convenient Packaging. We have put a great deal of time into research and development of more than just our formulas. Our packaging is easy open, easy pour and easy close; making feeding as simple as pouring a bowl of cereal.
- Our ingredient value is 20% greater than any other high quality raw food.
- Steve’s Real Meat Dog Food is more than just meat. We blend the appropriate amount of fruits and vegetables to provide your pet the vitamins and anti-carcinogens it needs to live a healthy life.
- We are a full disclosure company. We are proud of our quality control methods and therefore our ingredient sources and manufacturing practices public knowledge.
- Our formulas are designed to give your pet optimal nutrition at an affordable price.
- ZERO Recalls. The Steve’s brand has been successfully fed nationally since 1999.
- Steve’s Real Food truly cares about pet health. We stay current with pet health topics and attempt to make available reliable and complete information about keeping your pet in optimal health.
We are a humane and cruelty-free pet food manufacturer. All tests are done through veterinary feeding trials and feeding our own dogs and cats. As animal lovers ourselves we would never condone the abuse of animals for any reason. You can find our customer success stories and veterinary feeding trial results in our testimonials.
We buy only the highest quality human grade ingredients all inspected and certified by the USDA. We use only cage free and hormone free poultry. The farmers we buy from only use antibiotics to treat their animals if they show signs of illness. Antibiotics are only used under direct veterinary supervision. Cage free animals are very healthy and rarely become ill. If a veterinarian prescribes antibiotics, the animal that received antibiotics is weaned off of the medication several days before processing and tested for antibiotic residue in its system. If antibiotics are found to be present, the animal is not processed.
We use Wild Pacific Salmon in our cat food. Also, we only use free range, grass fed, 100% hormone, 100% antibiotic free and USDA/BSE certified & inspected beef.
We research and inspect each company we buy ingredients from to ensure quality, safety and humane treatment. Our food is rich in 100% pesticide free vegetables and fruit (eating high quantities of vegetables and fruits have been shown to be the best way to prevent cancer. They provide the know & unknown micronutrients nature has to offer).
Our food is manufactured under USDA and HACCP guidelines, below freezing at least -27 degrees, and on sterilized processing equipment to prevent any possibility of contamination. Every person that enters the facility wears sterilized clothing and footwear, hair nets, and gloves. Our strict safety practices has lead to a perfect record and we are proud to say that we have had no product recalls.
We regularly test our foods for Salmonella, E. coli 0157:H7, & Campylobacter to ensure our products safety. We also test our foods for pesticides (our food sources are of such high quality that bacteria and pesticide residues are very unlikely, but we love our pets too much to take any chances). We then flash freeze at -50 degrees our foods to eliminate the possibility of parasites.
Most Steve’s products require special handling delivering on freight trucks nationally to ensure continuous freezing at -27 degrees. We go to great efforts working with our transportation partners, distributors and retailers to minimize the opportunity for the product to defrost before making it to your freezer.
When thawed, our food loses its nugget / cube shape which is a great indicator of how it was transported. When a chub, or medallion is thawed for the same length of time it will retain its shape, leaving the customer unaware of how that product was transported. This could possibly pose a health risk.