New Quick Guide

Check out our new one page “quick guide”.  A one page summary on who we are and what is so awesome about our food!

Raw Food Quick Guide

Download the PDF

Francine K. Rattner, VMD

6 years ago

I read an article that mentioned a program being developed for use by veterinarians for formulating home made diets. Is that true, when will it be available?

Thank you.

Peter Clipp

6 years ago

Dear Steve, how can the average guy afford to feed his beloved dog a awesome healthy diet? What plan would you recommend? Thank you for your suggestions! Peter Clipp

Cynthia Anderson

6 years ago

Are you still making your dog food. The website has no recent information

Steve's Real Food

6 years ago

Yes we are still making dog food and are working on updating the site. You will see many changes happening very soon.

Max Jacobson

6 years ago

I started to feed my dog a meat-based raw (frozen) diet (Darwin’s) about five months ago after I read much about it in articles by Dr. Karen Becker from mercola.healthypets.com. Just a few days ago she published an interview with Steve. Very intersting, and now I am just curious about what I read on your website……

“After a management restructure, Steve stepped down and handed the reins over to Gary Bursell a pet food veteran of 40 years. Since parting ways, Steve’s Real Food…..etc.”

Do I understand correctly that Steve is not connected with the company anymore? What is he doing now? Just curious.

I’d appreciate your comments.

Max,
I amjust a regular consumer.

Steve's Real Food

6 years ago

Steve’s is not employed by Steve’s Real Food anymore. He has spent the past few years working on his formulation database and consulting with pet food companies on how to create complete and balanced pet food.

Carol Tollefson

6 years ago

I am looking for a store in my area that carries your products for dogs- (within 25 miles) Mansfield, CT 06268 Thanks

The store at 12 Goose Lane, Tolland, CT does seem to be there.

Thanks

Google Review

• My dogs LOVE their new food!! I used to feed them dry kibble and they would leave their food in the bowls for 2 days before they would eat. Now they wake me up in the morning ready to eat. They also have so much more energy, they act like they are puppies again. The customer service is awesome! Too bad all companies don't have this kind of service. I will continue to buy Steve's Real Food for my dogs.

Kelley Dillon Avatar
    Kelley Dillon
    11/18/2017
  • CONVENIENT, RELIABLE, DOGS LOVE THE FOOD I switched my dogs to a raw diet about 2 months ago. My older dog was panting a lot and he had a potato sized growth on his shoulder. The growth is now the size of an egg and his excessive panting has stopped. My younger dog was overweight despite the fact that she was very active and on a strict low calorie diet. She has slimmed down quite a bit.

Trish C Avatar
    Trish C
    10/22/2017
  • We were skeptical of feeding raw. Finally we decided to take the plunge. The first surprise was, my dogs loved it. And the goat milk yogurt is a complete hit! They all love it. We had one small issue with the shipping and after one email everything was taken care of. But now that it's been several months we have noticed many other things. None of my dogs chew on their feet anymore. None of my dogs have itchy flaky skin anymore. And they are all pretty and shiny with tons of energy.

Denise Moitoza Avatar
    Denise Moitoza
    8/12/2017
  • My dog was a picky eater and overweight. After 4 months of eating this raw diet he is almost at his recommended weight. I no longer have to coax him to eat by doctoring up his kibble. He eats the food as is and empties his bowl right away.

Carrie Thompson Avatar
    Carrie Thompson
    12/10/2017
  • I wanted to give a shout out to Tara at the corporate office. She really went above and beyond! I had several questions about switching my dog over to raw food and the transition that's involved. She met with me in person and took the time to listen and gave me some great suggestions/feedback to my questions. She shared what her own dog went through and how raw dog food helped. Tara made me feel comfortable and was so kind and thoughtful to take the time out of her busy day to be so helpful. My dog is LOVING the food and has been transitioning very smoothly. Thanks so much for being so awesome, Tara. It meant a lot to me and because of the experience I had and the kindness you showed to me, I will continue to be a grateful customer and will recommend Steve's to all my fellow dog moms and dads.

Susan Romney Avatar