Enhance

It’s Time to Enhance Your Pet’s Diet!

Eighteen years ago, Steve Brown started the journey of educating retailers and consumers about the benefits of a raw diet. The early adopters were excited and jumped on the bandwagon, reaping the benefits of what a raw diet could do for their pets. Over the past decade more and more pet parents have switched to a raw and/or holistic diet; however, there are still a vast majority of pet parents who are unwilling to make the move due to the belief that it is expensive, time-consuming, or unsafe.

As passionate raw feeders, we have to ask ourselves “how to we help kibble and canned feeders see the benefits of raw?”
As a retailer, you have to ask “How do we take an existing customer, one who walks past the freezers every time they shop, without ever really considering them an option, and get them to think differently about nutrition?”
As a pet parent, you have to ask “How can I add raw nutrition without having to change the way I feed?”

How do we start the conversation about improving our pets diets?

We have decided to start where pet parents are.  Our new product line is designed to “enhance” the pet’s current diet. We have focused on creating products that are simple solutions to adding raw nutrition. We aren’t asking pet parents to switch off their kibble – we are offering a product to add to it. Group with Bottle

We start with a base of freeze-dried raw goat’s milk and raw goat’s milk yogurt with added superfoods such as hemp oil, spirulina, turmeric, and milk thistle. Each formula is designed to provide advanced nutrition, and to fill the nutritional gaps that are in a kibble-only diet, or provide additional support for those already feeding raw. We have upped the convenience factor by packaging it in a reusable glass bottle, with product inside. The customer fills the bottle with water, shakes to re-hydrated and feeds daily. Fill, shake and refrigerate. It is as easy as that! Eight-ounce refill packs will be available starting in late May.

The Lineup

CannaGurt starts with freeze-dried goat milk yogurt. The added hemp oil addresses some issues including seizures, anxiety and inflammation.

CarnaForage is a super green smoothie. Spirulina enhances the immune system and provides powerful antioxidants. Milk thistle and dandelion leaf support healthy liver function, and cilantro helps detox metals.

DogNog is a combination of freeze dried milk and freeze-dried egg, which provides an easily digestible form of protein. We have added turmeric as an anti-inflammatory, dried cranberries as an anti-oxidant, and yucca to aid digestion.

Once you start enhancing your pet’s diet, you will reap the benefits of a healthy, happy animal – and who doesn’t want that?

Laurie Suarez

2 years ago

Where can I purchase your product. I live in San Clemente Ca 92673

Steve's Real Food

2 years ago

Here are a few stores that have it:
Pet Country Lake Forest -(949) 951-7387
Coast Pet Supply -(949) 497-6580

These stores may be a little closer. They do not have it but can get it:
FeedBarn Capistrano -(949) 248-8700
Pets Plus San Clemente – (949) 496-8400

Elise

2 years ago

Is Cilantro in Forage ok for Cats as well? I just purchased Carnaforage for my dog and My cat wants some too!

Steve's Real Food

2 years ago

CarnaForage would be fantastic for your cat. Feel free to feed it to both of your pets.

Tammy

2 years ago

Just bought some Dognog for the first time. My dogs love it. Thank you for making a freeze dried product. I have fed goats milk in the past, but it isn’t always easy to get or travel with.

Mem

2 years ago

We are so happy your dogs love it! Thank you!

Justin

8 months ago

Which Milk enhancer would benefit the kidneys more?

Mem

8 months ago

Hello!

The best Enhance product for dogs that will benefit the kidneys will be the Dognog, and the product that benefit the kidneys in cats will be the Purrgurt.

Google Review

• My dogs LOVE their new food!! I used to feed them dry kibble and they would leave their food in the bowls for 2 days before they would eat. Now they wake me up in the morning ready to eat. They also have so much more energy, they act like they are puppies again. The customer service is awesome! Too bad all companies don't have this kind of service. I will continue to buy Steve's Real Food for my dogs.

Kelley Dillon Avatar Kelley Dillon
    11/18/2017
  • CONVENIENT, RELIABLE, DOGS LOVE THE FOOD I switched my dogs to a raw diet about 2 months ago. My older dog was panting a lot and he had a potato sized growth on his shoulder. The growth is now the size of an egg and his excessive panting has stopped. My younger dog was overweight despite the fact that she was very active and on a strict low calorie diet. She has slimmed down quite a bit.

Trish C Avatar Trish C
    10/22/2017
  • We were skeptical of feeding raw. Finally we decided to take the plunge. The first surprise was, my dogs loved it. And the goat milk yogurt is a complete hit! They all love it. We had one small issue with the shipping and after one email everything was taken care of. But now that it's been several months we have noticed many other things. None of my dogs chew on their feet anymore. None of my dogs have itchy flaky skin anymore. And they are all pretty and shiny with tons of energy.

Denise Moitoza Avatar Denise Moitoza
    8/12/2017
  • My dog was a picky eater and overweight. After 4 months of eating this raw diet he is almost at his recommended weight. I no longer have to coax him to eat by doctoring up his kibble. He eats the food as is and empties his bowl right away.

Carrie Thompson Avatar Carrie Thompson
    12/10/2017
  • I wanted to give a shout out to Tara at the corporate office. She really went above and beyond! I had several questions about switching my dog over to raw food and the transition that's involved. She met with me in person and took the time to listen and gave me some great suggestions/feedback to my questions. She shared what her own dog went through and how raw dog food helped. Tara made me feel comfortable and was so kind and thoughtful to take the time out of her busy day to be so helpful. My dog is LOVING the food and has been transitioning very smoothly. Thanks so much for being so awesome, Tara. It meant a lot to me and because of the experience I had and the kindness you showed to me, I will continue to be a grateful customer and will recommend Steve's to all my fellow dog moms and dads.

Susan Romney Avatar Susan Romney