Frozen treats can help to cool down your pets during the intense summer heat. The frozen treats listed below are packed with superfoods making them a healthy pupsicle for your pets.
How to Prepare the Frozen Treat
You can buy the ingredients for these treats from your local pet supply store.
Here is what you will need:
- Silicone baking sheet or an ice cube tray
- Your choice of Steve’s Real Food Enhance Products (we used Chiafreeze, Cannagurt, CarnaForage, and DogNog) or bone broth
- Our frozen products should be used within 21 days of defrosting them. If you don’t get around to using it all in that time, you can re-freeze into molds or ice cube trays to feed pets later.
- Freeze-dried products need to be mixed with water and should be used within 10 days. The liquid can then be frozen and fed.
- Pour liquid into the ice cube tray. You can add other tasty treats like blueberries, carrots, or apples to your mixture
- Place the mixture into a freezer and let it stay there overnight
- Give to your pets on a hot day
Which are the Best Frozen Treats for your Pets?
Every pet has its preferred snacks. Knowing what your pet wants can save you a lot of time. However, some frozen snacks stand out from the rest. They include;
Chiafreeze is a raw goat milk product available frozen. It contains goat milk yogurt (great for easy improving digestion and metabolism), Chia seeds (superfood with gelling action to absorb toxins and is full of protein, omega-3 healthy fats, and fiber) and coconut flour (which is high in protein and fiber). Chiafreeze is a great option to feed a few times a week for better digestion.
Cannagurt is available in frozen or freeze-dried is the same thing as Chiafreeze, but with added CBDs in the form of hemp protein and hemp oil. It provides all the great benefits of Chiafreeze with the added benefit of helping pets to deal with anxiety, cognitive disorder, suppressed appetite from cancer, seizures, and pain. It is great to freeze and save for those times when pets are under extra stress, like during 4th of July fireworks or even for car rides.
Carnaforage is a freeze-dried raw goat milk super smoothie used to help pets with digestive issues such as IBD, leaky gut syndrome, pancreatitis, GI infections, indigestion, and diarrhea. Carnaforage has added dandelion, milk thistle, cilantro, and spirulina to strengthen and protect your pet’s sensitive stomach. The everyday feeding recommendation is 1/2 ounce of re-hydrated enhance product for every 10 pounds of body weight.
DogNog is a freeze-dried product made of raw goat and freeze-dried eggs. The added turmeric and yucca have powerful anti-inflammatory powers making it perfect for pets that have inflammatory diseases, allergies, and mobility issues. The everyday feeding recommendation is 1/2 ounce of re-hydrated enhance product for every 10 pounds of body weight.
Enhance Your Pet’s Health This Summer and All Year Long
Are you worried about the summer effect on your pets? It shouldn’t be an issue anymore. These frozen goodies have proven to be great at keeping your pets healthy and cool during the summer season. Treat your pets this summer with the frozen recipes and keep their health elevated all year long by topping their food with any of these great products.