You may have heard a lot of buzz about goat milk and why it is so good for you and your pet. It seems that everywhere we look there is a pet product calling out goat milk, but what is so good about it? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits, and why we should include it in our pet’s diet.
- Dense bioavailable nutrition and highly digestible
- The small curds make it easier for the gut to break down and utilize
- Contains intracellular moisture which is the most natural way for your pet to stay hydrated
- Rich in natural probiotics and full of beneficial bacteria
- Contains high amounts of short and medium-chain fatty acids which provide an energy boost without storing as fat
- Reduces inflammation of the gut due to the oligosaccharides which act as prebiotics and help soothe and settle the irritation
- Works as an antacid thanks to the very high amounts of potassium which is alkaline-forming and helps to maintain a proper pH balance in the body.
- Improves insulin sensitivity due to the high fat, but low sugar content
Goat milk is an excellent addition to any pet’s diet and especially beneficial for supporting leaky gut repair, diabetes, and working/ sporting dogs.
For more information on the benefits of goat milk, please check out this article: